Friday, December 27, 2013

'Tis the Season to be Quilting

I had a super-productive Christmas Eve. I was off work, so I machine quilted the half-square triangle quilt. It reminds me of the way sunlight shines through the leaves in a forest, so I'm calling it "Sunshine and Shadow." I also made a mocha pecan pie and sweet potato casserole and had Christmas Eve dinner with friends. I offset my hard work on Christmas day, when I pretty much did nothing at all.
I am in the process of finishing the binding on "Sunshine and Shadows;" I also need to make a label and a hanging sleeve for it.
I'm working on machine quilting a quilt that I started way back in 2009. The pattern comes from one of the Nickel Quilts books (all of the patterns are made from 5-inch squares). I remember cutting up a lot of random fat quarters to make this quilt. I eventually realized that fat quarters are not a cut of fabric that I habitually use, so I quit buying them and tried to incorporate as many as possible into this project. I'm calling this one "2 Penny Lane." My cat Skeeter approves.

No comments:

Post a Comment