Monday, September 19, 2011

Many Finishes

Some quality quilting time over the past several weeks has resulted in multiple finishes. Yay! I did two diamond quilts in different colorways.


This one in blues, greens, and purples is a comfort quilt and has already been given to the recipient.


I had to do an autumn version. It's just that time of year. After the heat of August, we've been anticipating the cool weather. This diamond pattern is easy to piece and picking fabrics was so fun, I couldn't do just one.


I also finished a couple of wallhangings that I started a couple of years ago. They spent some time aging in the closet because I couldn't decide how to quilt them.

I started a scrap quilt because the scrap bins have been multiplying in my quilting room. No pictures yet, because it is still in the (very) early stages. It is 1/4 log cabin blocks. We'll see how crazy it gets, and if I need to put in more background fabric to calm it down and tie it together. Currently I have a slightly marbled yellow-orange fabric for the corner square in all the blocks to tie it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment