Friday, November 11, 2011

Why I Shouldn't Be Allowed To Clean My Sewing Room


My husband made me an ironing cabinet/table a few years ago (the large surface, about 2 feet by 4 feet is especially convenient for ironing large pieces of fabric). I covered the ironing surface with batting and muslin. Over the past few years, the cats decided they liked to sleep on it. And leave dirt on it. So it was time to recover it. One good-as-new ironing surface done.


The problem with re-covering my ironing table is that it requires clearing out the cabinet beneath it. And in the cabinet, there are, inevitably, unfinished projects. Projects that were started but never went anywhere. Leftover bits and blocks from projects that have been completed for years. And when I find these bits, I cannot help but try to use them. So, rather than working on any of my existing projects, here are 5 more quiltlets to be donated to the neonatal intensive care unit. 5 more unfinished projects! This is why I always have approximately 27 UFOs. And why I should never be allowed to clean out my sewing room.


And of course, there was extra fabric leftover after recovering the ironing surface, so here is a portable ironing pad that is just waiting for binding.


It is also getting close to the holidays, so I cut some bits of leftover fabric into 2 1/2 inch strips and made my own jellyrolls as gifts for fellow quilters.


That was the projects from last weekend. The reason why I didn't get any quilting done this week is that I was walking through the swamps of central Florida. Here I am in a bay swamp near Horse Creek. Nice boots, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment