Monday, April 9, 2012

Books: The Stack


I like to read. A lot. But I've noticed that somehow, books tend to pile up a bit as they wait to be read. So, here is my Stack, the books I haven't gotten around to reading yet. I pulled it out, just so you could see it. Normally, The Stack is much better disguised than this, distributed on bookshelves in four different rooms. That way you can't see how big it is. I actually had no idea how big it was until I counted. But here it is, a mixture of books I picked out and gifts from others:

The Nonfiction Stack
1. On Liberty, Mills
2. The Swamp, Grunwald
3. The Map That Changed the World, Winchester
4. Going to Extremes, Sunstein
5. Writing Down the Bones, Goldberg
6. The Pursuit of Happy Results, Anderson
7. Thank You For Arguing, Heinrichs
8. The History of the World in 6 Glasses, Standage
9. Democracy in America, de Tocqueville
10. Hen’s Teeth and Horse’s Toes, Gould
11. Your Inner Fish, Shubin
12. Earth, Fortey
13. The Disappearing Spoon, Kean
14. No Ordinary Time, Goodwin
15. The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, Morris
16. Merchants of Doubt, Oreskes (Kindle)

The Fiction Stack
17. Cloud’s End, Stewart
18. The Samurai’s Garden, Tsukiyama
19. Betrayals, St. Crow
20. Jealousy, St. Crow
21. Defiance, St. Crow
22. Reckoning, St. Crow
23. Hunted by Others, Haines
24. Taken by Others, Haines
25. Deceived by Others, Haines
26. Darkborn, Sinclair
27. Lightborn, Sinclair
28. Enna Burning, Hale
29. Girl in the Arena, Haines
30. Heat Stroke, Caine
31. The Gate of Ivory, Egan
32. Kitty Raises Hell, Vaughn
33. Nevermore, Creagh
34. A Great and Terrible Beauty, Bray
35. True Grit, Portis
36. Fate’s Edge, Andrews (Kindle)

It's a bit of a mixed bag, but there it is. Some of the books in The Stack haven't been there long, but some have been in it so long that it's getting embarrassing; so, this summer I'm going to try to work my way through at least half of The Stack. Maybe more. Wish me luck. I started 2 of them this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment