Friday, July 15, 2011

Absentee blogger


Okay, I admit it, I've been a lazy blogger. I got distracted by other things and didn't get around to posting. I registered for an entomology class, and it's been taking up some of my quilty time. Here is my design wall, transformed into the killing field.


I also have been getting into microscopy a bit. I got two used 'scopes, one is a stereo microscope and the other a compound microscope. The compound one needs a lobotomy; the transformer went bad. I am hoping my adventurous husband will convert it to LED for me. The stereo microscope is working and is good for examining the bugs I've been catching for my insect collection. Yes, I have geeky hobbies, but I'm learning lots.


I finally took decent outdoor photos of some quilts I've worked on over the past couple of years. I sometimes don't blog because I don't have good project pictures, so I'll try to save up some of these to put up as eye candy when there isn't much to show on current projects. This is a Christmas quilt I started in a class taught by Pat Speth, of "nickel quilts" fame...


And here is the back, because I like reversible quilts. The diagonal stripes take more time than horizontal or vertical stripes, but sometimes, it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment