Friday, December 28, 2018

A Few Finishes From Fall

Below are more photos of some quilts finished over the past few months.

This diamond quilt is from a pattern in Quilting from every Angle by Nancy Purvis.



I changed up the colors and quilted it with loose, informal feathers and swirls. Quilting on solid-color fabrics shows up better than on prints, particularly if the thread color contrasts.



This squared-off dresden plates quilt was based on a Missouri Star Quilt Company online video tutorial. I used three different colors for the setting squares. The dresden plate blocks have a lot of graphic punch and the solid squares let your eyes rest. I like the way this one turned out.



I finally finished the tumbling blocks quilt top I found on eBay in 2015. This queen-sized quilt took about 14 hours to machine quilt.



This was my first try at machine quilting feathers (I've been machine quilting for more than a decade, just hadn't tried feathers before).



This improvisationally-pieced modern quilt was started and finished this year. I quilted it with straight diagonal lines done with a walking foot on a 1-inch spacing. Some of the half-square triangles are leftovers from the diamond quilt shown at the top of this post. The floral print in the border needed to be used in large pieces to let the design show.

No comments:

Post a Comment