Sunday, August 12, 2018

A Little Sci Fi, But Mostly Quilting

I finished a few more movies on the sci fi marathon. Passengers was pretty good. Ex Machina was really good but also a bit creepy. And Gravity sucked (I found myself yelling advice at the main character since she was doing so many obviously stupid things).

I have been doing some machine quilting.


I didn't sew this quilt top together; I found it on eBay and got it to practice machine quilting. This is my first time trying machine-quilted feathers. The quilting turned out well and adds a lot to the quilt, but it took 14 hours to complete. I stalled out on it in about 2016 and it spent a couple of years folded up in the closet, half-quilted. I used a wool batting, which is lighter than cotton and has more loft. I am working on putting on the binding. I am looking forward to finishing this one.

I realized that I had 2 quilts basted and ready for machine quilting, and 5 more completed quilt tops in the closet. I took a break from machine quilting this weekend, and decided not to start another quilt! Instead I basted one of the quilt tops and then pulled out a couple of old projects. I finished sewing the borders on a red, white, and blue quilt (add that quilt top to the stack in the closet). Then I added a row of blocks to another old project and auditioned several possible borders (I think I need to add a pieced border). As you can see, my cats were "helping."

No comments:

Post a Comment