Sunday, June 27, 2010
Here is the crew, stitching away. At times like these, I realize how small my house is. We had to put the ironing board in the kitchen, and we were cutting fabric and trimming blocks on the countertop.
This is the other project I have been working on this past week. Sometimes ideas get together in weird ways to make a quilt. A couple of weeks ago, I was looking for a light green background fabric for the group quilt that Kelly, Barbara, and Geni are working on in the picture above. I bought small amounts of several choices to see which fabric worked best. I also found a couple of neutral taupe fabrics that I got just because I liked them. When I saw them next to each other, I knew I needed to make a green and neutral quilt. This is a bit of a change for me because I usually make quilts that use LOTS of different colors. I had this picture of a hot air balloon pinned to my sewing wall for months because I liked it, and I drew a couple of sketches of chevron quilt layouts. I made full-sized freezer paper templates and cut a lot of green and neutral strings from the ends of fabrics in my stash and I've been sewing the fabric to the templates for the past week.